Friday, July 8, 2011

KIBBY!!

I met up with Rachel this morning to shoot in the studio as a start to her senior pictures . . . Rachel warned me up front that she didn't like cameras and wasn't very comfortable posing.  One of the things I love about this branch of photography is getting to know the people, and trying to help them find some place where they are comfortable.  Rachel was in my class her sophomore year so I know her pretty well.  She's a great soccer player and a hard-working student.  I made the mistake of starting with her sitting in a chair.  It didn't take long to learn that "Kibby" is really most comfortable when she's moving, so we ditched the chair, put on some music and let her move.  It got fun in a hurry.  

We decided to just let things go, and she was such a "gamer".  She started messing up her hair, kicking off her shoes, and just having fun.  She had brought along this great little hat, and she liked it 'cause it gave her something to do with her hands.  I think it looks really cool, too!

Our goal before we started was to end up with 3 or 4 usable images.  Well, Rachel, you did that and more.  I had a great time and can't wait to shoot the outdoor stuff next weekend.  Love the hair. . . love the "lines". . . love the pics!!  You ROCK!!





No comments:

Post a Comment