Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kayla

I think I've got the best job in the world. . . and a big reason for that is that I get to meet amazing young people like Kayla.  I was fortunate enough to have Kayla in class last year.  She didn't immediately stand out, but as I found out later, that's because Kayla is really more about helping others than she is about having the spotlight shine on herself.  You don't learn that because Kayla is telling you, you learn it because you watch her do the things she does.  She's the one helping the kid in the wheelchair, or doing charity work with her church.  She "gets it", way more than I did when I was her age, that's for sure.  She makes me proud and hopeful.  

Oh, and did I mention that she is hard-working and really smart?  And need I say, adorable?  



No comments:

Post a Comment