Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More HEAT!

Day 3 of Fall sports brought more heat and humidity.  I went back to the pool to shoot some more swimming pictures.  The light is great in the morning, and it's much easier than shooting once they head inside to Meramec.  Then I headed over to Kirkwood Park to try to find the Cross Country runners. . . if the swimmers are the smartest athletes in this heat, then cross country may be the toughest.  Some of the freshmen appeared to be overwhelmed with the combination of running and heat, but if they just hang in there, they will see tremendous growth and improvement in the coming months.  I think running teaches you so much about yourself and what you're capable of. . .

Next, I headed back to the tennis courts, but time there was brief as the call came in to "Shut it Down".  The heat index exceeded the designated level and Coach Townsend sent the word to get inside.  I've been shooting KHS sports for many years, and this morning was the hottest I can ever remember!

FYI  There are more pictures at the website.  Just go to www.kriewallphotography.com, or click on the link on the top right of this page.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment