Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pep Rally

The inaugural Fall Sports Pep Rally took place tonight, and once again, the gym was Rockin'!!  I love the spirit of our high school, and no one leads a pep assembly like our very own Dr. Holley.  I snuck into the band section and I gotta tell ya, our band RULES!!  My goal is to become an honorary band member somehow so I can just wallow in the splendor. . .

The Pommies and Cheerleaders looked to be in mid-season form and really got the crowd pumped up.  Ladies, you were on fire!

The Boy's Cross Country , Girls Lacrosse, and Girl's Basketball Teams took home the "Art Stout Award" given to the teams with the highest grade point average last year.  All were in the 3.7 range.  OUTSTANDING!

Every pep assembly closes with the Alma Mater, and I still get chills seeing high school kids of every size and color, arm-in-arm, belting out "Hail Kirkwood High School unto Thee we sing. . . "

Don't forget to go see the Football team in action Saturday at Ladue High School at 11:00am.  Go Pioneers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment