Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rooting for the Purple!

I was trying to remember the last time I rooted for a team in purple. . . Wasn't the Lakers.  I've always hated the Lakers.  Maybe the Minnesota Vikings back when I was a kid?  At least until they played Green Bay.  I rooted for Green Bay because they had Bart Starr at Quarterback.  I thought that was a cool name.  Also, I had gotten a kid's sized Green Bay Packer's football uniform (complete with helmet) for Christmas one year.  That was great.  My brother got a New York Giants uniform.  We immediately put them on and went out in the back yard and ran our heads together.  Then we read the warning. . . "not to be used for actual contact".  Ooops. . . 

Wait, where was I?  Oh yea, purple. . . the Pioneer Field Hockey team was forced to resort to purple pennies as their opponent not only had the same colors, but the exact same style of uniform as well.  I think the other team was doing everything they could to throw the Pioneers off their game, but it didn't work, and the Pioneers racked up a 3 - 2 victory.   Julia M. had two goals to lead the Pioneers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment